Update: I'm so please to share with you that this card was selected as the winner of the FMS #67 Challenge! This is what Jennifer Timko had to say about it:
This lovely Valentine's card just captured my heart, so to speak. First, the color scheme is fantastic. Then, there are all the little details. That pretty brad with a coordinating heart out of DSP, the embossed scallop and the rhinestones all create such fabulous texture. This all adds up to the perfect Valentine for anyone on your list. Congratulations, Shannon, on being the Queen of Clean!!
Please click here to see all of the wonderful cards submitted this week and many many thanks to Jennifer for choosing my entry!
As soon as I saw this sketch I knew I had to break out the new product from the Spring Catalog! I'm not really a fru-fru girl so while I think the new More Amore Specialty Designer Paper is the bomb, all that pink is a bit overwhelming to me so...
EZ Design Ideas:
- I used a neutral for my card base
- I added texture to the card base by using textured cardstock (retired product unfortunately)
- Addional texture was added by using the new Core-dinations Card Stock in Pool Party as well as one of the Delicate Designs Embossing Folders and then only exposing some of the scallop.
- Ribbon and a small pattern used sparingly provides additional interest while remaining almost neutral
- All of these subtle layers ensure that the focal point steals the show and I have to say my heart is completely lost to the new Designer Builder Brads, (thanks Pam for sending me a sample) these things are AWESOME!! Just punch whatever your heart desires using the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, adhere it and add the epoxy bubble. That little bubble magnifies the image! AWESOME! (did I say that already?) And, coincidentally, the heart in this pattern paper just HAPPENS to fit very neatly...I love discovering all the ways that Stampin' Up! makes their products coordinate!
- The sentiment is called Love Heart and was available as a single stamp - I'm really hoping it is included in the next catalog, it's super cute!
- A small heart was created using the Fashionable Hearts Embosslits and textured cardstock in Primrose Petals
- The Rhinestone Basic Jewels really add the "WOW" factor to this card and were a total accident! I intended to paper pierce the heart outline and forgot...what to do, what to do...I'm glad I forgot, I think the Rhinestones are the right amount of bling to balance the Designer Builder Brad and are a perfect final touch!
I'm very pleased with this one, I hope you have enjoyed it as well!
Stamps: Love Heart (currently unavailable but hoping)
Paper: Basic Gray (121044) Cardstock; Pool Party (129321), Primrose Petals (129322) Core'dinations Cardstock; More Amore (129309) Specialty Designer Series Paper
Ink: Primrose Petals (126858) Classic Stampin' Pad
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Delicate Designs Embossing Folders (127023), Full Heart Punch (119883), Fashionable Hearts Embosslits (125596)
Embellishments: Basic Gray 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (126879), Rhinestone Basic Jewels (119246)
Thanks for stopping by!