For this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge I kept it simple and monochromatic!
Hello there and special welcome to those of you who are new to my little blog! Here is a peek at the wonderful sketch this week provided by designer Jennifer T:
While I kept the colors simple, I was a bit free and easy with the sketch layout as you can see!
EZ Design Ideas:
- Using just one color makes putting a card together quick and easy...less decisions!
- Let the products do the work for you! The Big Shot and new Ovals Collection Framelit Dies made easy work of punching out the sentiment, the new 1 1/4" Scallop Punch punched out a base for my Designer Builder Brad to rest on, and the circle punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Pack quickly punched out a design element for the center of the Designer Builder Brad
- You may notice that my embellishment is not centered perfectly with the ribbon, I chose instead to make it a focal point of it's own, creating a 'visual triangle'
- I wanted this card to mail easily so I bent the prongs on the Designer Builder Brad back and forth until they broke off and just used a glue dot to adhere it to the card
- I trimmed a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4" (just slightly smaller than the card base) so I could wrap and hide the end of the ribbon underneath and then popped that layer up with Stampin' Dimensionals
- The design element in the center of the Designer Builder Brad was just punched from the same Designer Series paper that was used for the background to tie in easily
I truly enjoyed creating today's project and hope that you are motivated to create something as well!
Thank you so much for visiting me here and for leaving such wonderful comments. They brighten my day and are very appreciated!
If you have left a comment on my previous post, March Pals Blog Hop, please check back on Friday to see if you have won blog candy! If you have not left a comment yet, there is still time, so scroll down and leave me a comment!!
Stamps: Feel Goods (129684)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Melon Mambo (115320) Cardstock, Sunshine & Sprinkles (126922) Designer Series Paper
Ink: Melon Mambo (126948) Classic Stampin' Pad
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Ovals Collection (129381) Framelits Dies, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch (127811), Stampin' Trimmer (126889)
Embellishments: Designer Builder Brads (129329), 3/8" Striped Organdy Ribbon in Melon Mambo (129293)
Thanks for stopping by!