Just take a look at the fabulous sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week! It is courtesy of the talented Jen Mitchell. Don’t you love it??!! And here is my interpretation of the sketch:
As I was going through my stamps for inspiration for this sketch I realized that I had a family birthday coming up so why not get a head start? It's a milestone birthday so I pulled out my Memorable Moments stamp set, I see so many uses for this set, don't you? And it's a masculine birthday so I pulled out the new Parker's Patterns DSP from the new Spring Catalog and set to work!
EZ Design Ideas:
- Let the personality of the recipient dicate the personality of the card - in this case masculine, so clean and simple!
- Let the pre-coordinated products do most of the design work for you! The coordinated papers dicatated the inks I would use as well as the color of the card base
- Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig! It is a WONDERFUL tool! There are six different stamps in this sentiment but the Stamp-a-ma-jig made lining them all up a snap!
- Simple tools can make a big impact as is the case with paper piercing - just a 'little' something to add a bit more interest
- I really returned to my roots for this card - sponging every edge! I used one color, Crumb Cake, to keep the sponging from overpowering the rest of the card
- I also sponged the wonderful new Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon which is almost burlap in texture and appearance but still soft and pliable so the sponging just took a bit of the "pretty" off of it!
- Yes, masculine cards CAN have jewelry, it would depend on the taste of the recipient as to how much jewelry. In this case, I keep it to a minimum with one of the new Basics Designer Buttons - they are very shiny and suprisingly light-weight. I would typically dress the button up with some twine or ribbon but layered another button on top to keep the masculine feel (I hope!)
Stamps: Memorable Moments (126682)
Paper: Crumb Cake (120953), Very Vanilla (101650) Cardstock; Parker's Patterns (131021) Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler (126966), Marina Mist (12962), Crumb Cake (126975) Classic Stampin' Pad
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Labels Collection Framelits (125598), Essentials Paper Piercing Pack (126187), Stampin' Pierce Mat (126199), Paper-Piercing Tool (126189), Stamping Sponges (101610)
Embellishments: Natural 7/16" Trim Ribbon (129287), Basic Designer Buttons (129325), Natural Designer Buttons (127554)
Thanks for stopping by!
I'm so thrilled to announce that Rita Wright has chosen me as her "Princess" for the week over at Freshly Made Sketches for my submission of this card!!
Here's what she had to say:
"Shannon's card is total eye candy for me. I love the colors, the chevrons, the stacked buttons, and of course the bit of piercing and corner rounding! Congrats, Shannon."
What an honor and I will enjoy being a "Princess" this week!